There is a wide range of ice creams available in the market such as dairy ice creams, non-dairy ice creams, sorbets, frozen yogurts, sherbets, gelatos, milk ice, water ice etc. If one traces back history, it can be found that concept of ice creams was first introduced in 4th century B.C when a king wished ice to be mixed with fruits and served to him. This article would apprise the readers about How Ice Creams Are Commercially Manufactured.
In present world ice cream manufacturing is done via varied refrigeration and freezing techniques. The commercial ice cream manufacturing ensures stable and safe to eat products and that can be consumed over a period of time. Various steps involved in making commercial ice creams are following:
- A mixture of milk products, stabilizers and emulsiﬁers is made and homogenized to make stable emulsion.
- Homogenization takes place in two stages
- In order to reduce the fat globules to their original size, mixture is kept under high pressure.
- The mixture is subjected to pressure for the second time to avoid fat globules from sticking together.
- The homogenized mixture is then pasteurized at a specific temperature and for a considerable time and gradually allowed to cool. At this step, all the pathogenic organisms are killed; and flavor, shelf life and uniformity is enhanced.
- The mixture is stirred overnight to improve its thickness. The stirring also leads to hydration of the stabilizers and crystallization of the fat.
- After the aging step, the next step is adding flavors and colors.
- Freezing is the final stage and which is divided into two stage processes:
- At the soft serve stage, the mixture is frozen using a freezer. The mixture is also whipped for making foam.
- In the other stage, small gas particles are dispersed in the liquid or solid substance. During the stage, the foam is formed and particles do not move away from the substance.
- Next step is adding air in the mixture to increase its volume.
- Finally, ice cream is packed into tubs, cups, containers etc. Fruit, nuts, chocolate chips etc. are also be sprinkled over the ice cream.
- Hardening of the ice cream via a ventilated tunnel follows next.
- The last step is to create a smooth texture! It is ensured that the cream freezes quickly, so that the large ice crystals do not form.
This is how ice creams are manufactured by various trusted suppliers. There are many credible Family Pack Ice Cream Manufacturers & Suppliers in Karnataka, India. The suppliers have been engaged in providing Family Pack Ice Creams to various grocery stores, foodservice establishments such as restaurants from past many years.